Our commitment to safety is at the core of everything we do.
A&R Logistics is a global leader in this regard through establishing a safety culture of excellence. We strive to achieve zero harm for our associates, contractors, customers and the communities in which we operate. To achieve this, we conduct our business in accordance with applicable legal and ethical standards and hold ourselves accountable not just for meeting, but exceeding, those standards.
We act on our commitment to safety by:
- Establishing a proactive program of risk identification, assessment and control to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all
- Integrating environmental, health and safety (EH&S) considerations into our business planning and decision-making processes, as well as into our operations and services
- Adopting methods to minimize the environmental and health impact of our operations by reducing waste and emissions while conserving resources wherever possible (learn more about our sustainability efforts here)
- Setting environmental and safety goals and recognizing the employees who help us achieve them
- Consulting with employees, partners and the communities in which we operate to improve our understanding of internal and external EH&S issues associated with our operations, and constantly finding ways to address them
- Committing to the Responsible Care Guiding Principles of the American Chemistry Council and the program’s focus on continual improvement
- Providing the resources, training, education and support to all parties who work for, or on behalf of, our company to ensure we are promoting safety and injury prevention in every possible way