We believe we have a responsibility to operate in an environmentally responsible way. And perhaps more importantly, we simply want to.
We don’t view sustainability as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility efforts. Rather, it is a core value and guiding principle that influences almost every aspect of our business.
A&R’s commitment to sustainable operations and environmental stewardship includes:
- Supporting the local communities in which we operate to advocate for environmental safety and sustainability
- Striving to continuously improve processes that benefit the environment, including improving operations and technologies to minimize waste, prevent pollution and dispose of waste safely and responsibly
- Working to become an integral part of the circular economy for recycled resin by partnering with start-ups focused on new ways to effectively recycle resin
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout A&R’s business, including conserving energy, improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources
- Serving as an official supporter of Operation Clean Sweep, an organization that aims to help every plastic resin handling operation work towards zero pellet, flake and powder loss
- Partnering with the EPA’s SmartWay Transport Partnership program, which helps companies achieve their freight supply chain sustainability goals by providing credible tools, data, and standards for improving environmental performance
In 2020, we joined forces with Keep Berkeley Beautiful to participate in the group’s beautification efforts around Berkeley County, South Carolina. We are now directly involved with the Board of Directors and proudly announced a $10,000 donation to KBB in November when we celebrated the opening of our Moncks Corner, S.C. export facility.